North Iowa Juvenile Detention Services

1440 West Dunkerton Road Waterloo Iowa 50703

Main Line (319) 291-2455 Extension #2

Fax (319) 291-2464

Police Departments and other Professionals

When placing a child in Detention we will need a court order (verbal or written) issued by a JCO and signed by a judge. The one exception is if you are a county from District 6. District 6 police departments may bring children here and the court orders will be done the following day. We do ask that if you are bringing a child to our facility that you call ahead and let us know so we can prepare for your arrival in advance and make sure the exchange is done as quickly as possible.

If you are not from District 6, a JCO has not called us in advance, there is no court order on file and you arrive with a child for placement, we will need you to wait until we can verbally verify placement with the Juvenile Court Office of the child's county.

If a child appears intoxicated they will need to be cleared by a medical professional. This is usually done either at your local hospital or Allen ER. If you are transporting a child and they appear intoxicated to you, it will save time to take them to Allen ER for medical clearance first on your way to our facility since we will require a medical clearance before taking custody of any juvenile that is intoxicated.

URL Counter